Security and Compliance Officer
The Security and Compliance officer position will be based in Mauritius, reporting into the Security Team in Taiwan. You will be security SME and the primary representative of the Security Team in Mauritius, whilst engaging with stakeholders to understand the risk landscape to propose new solutions to ensure the risks are managed and mitigated for the Asia Operation. You will play an critical role within the business to ensure continued improvement and enhancement of the risk posture.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Proactively monitor and identify security risks and problems associated with people, process and technology.
- Engaging with internal/external stakeholders on a regular basis to keep abreast of unique legal and compliance risks in a non-regulated market and dynamic risk environment. This includes regular engagement with the legal advisory team and the General Managers of each Asia entity, as well as performing audits of each entity to ascertain the extent of the exposure.
- Identify and propose technology controls and standards that mitigates the identified risks and engage with the relevant technology teams for implementation.
- Monitors the effectiveness of technology controls and recommends improvements where required.
- Supporting the daily security operational tasks (e.g. Firewall, Identity and Access Management etc.) where required.
- Takes on additional, unplanned projects as required by the team.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Excellent communicator that can communicate technical terms, concepts, risks etc. to non-technical stakeholders that is easily understood.
- Team player. Ability to work with stakeholders in a highly distributed environment.
- Flexible mindset.
- Solid understanding of security and risk knowledge and concepts (Security or Risk related certifications are a plus).
- Good understanding of technology systems (Infrastructure, Network, DevOps, AWS etc.).
- Practical knowledge with at least one of the programming languages: C#, Perl, Python, or relevant languages (Desirable skill).